0141 554 2406


It's important that you tell the Council of any changes in your circumstances that may affect your entitlement to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction.  By doing so you will ensure that you are getting the correct amount and will avoid the possibility of having to repay any overpaid amounts.

You need to notify the Council if you or your partner:

  • stop or start getting state benefits;
  • start work or change jobs;
  • have an increase or decrease in wages;
  • have savings or investments where the value goes up or down;
  • go into hospital

You also need to tell the Council things like:

  • any of your children leave school;
  • you change your address;
  • the number of people living with you changes, for example: 
    • you have a baby 
    • other people come to live with you
    • you foster a child or children
    • other people leave your house

The fastest, easiest and most secure way to report a change is by using the Council's ELECTRONIC CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES facility on its website www.glasgow.gov.uk.  If you do not already have access to your Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction details, you will first need to register for self service.  To register you will need to input your name, address, postcode, date of birth, national insurance number and H.B. reference number and the online system will verify them.

Please do not hesitate to contact your Housing Officer for advice and assistance if you are having any difficulty in submitting details of a change in circumstances electronically.